Finally I have pulled myself out of the haze of sickness that has engulfed our house in the last week, if that doesn't make you want to follow a recipe I have for you, then I don't know what will.
This is one of my all time favourites, I made it tonight and Joel asked me why I made his birthday dish a week early. Whoops, I didn't realise he liked it that much.
It is a great dinner for the whole family. I only cook one meal a night (and that is on a good night) so it has to be edible for us big people and the one little person too. I read that ricotta is recommended for babies over 7 months. It is such an easy recipe, you don't have to pre-cook the lasagne noodles and it is delicious. It takes about 15 minutes of prep and then it just cooks away on its own.
Mozzarella Cheese (250g)
Baby Spinach (fresh or frozen) 200g frozen or a large bowlful fresh.
Ricotta Cheese (500g)
Pasta Sauce (700grams approx)
Oregano (1 tsp)
Tarragon (1 tsp)
Salt (optional, I don't add it until after because of the little man)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- If you have frozen spinach defrost it or fresh Spinach boil or steam until cooked.
- Chop Spinach into small pieces
- Mix Spinach and Ricotta Cheese (I buy a 500g container and use about 3/4 of it)
- Add oregano, tarragon, pepper, (and salt if desired) and stir
- Pour 1/4 of your pasta sauce onto the bottom of your dish and spread evenly
- Add the first layer of lasagne noodles, covering the bottom of the dish
- Spread half (1/2) of the ricotta, spinach mixture evenly over the noodles
- Pour another 1/4 of the sauce on top of mixture
- Repeat these steps to make another layer
- Add the final layer of noodles on top
- Spread the last 1/4 of pasta sauce evenly over noodles
- Cover generously with Mozzarella
- Pour 1/2 a cup of water around the edges to help the noodles cook thoroughly
- Cover the whole dish with aluminium foil and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 1 hour and 15 minutes for the last ten minutes I like to turn the grill on and remove the foil to brown the cheese
-Serve with a salad or steamed vegetables
Hope you enjoy!!